An epileptic underwent 67 Catholic exorcism sessions over the period of ten months before she died from hunger and dehydration.
2. 19-year-old Diana Bryant falls to her death, as the fire escape collapses, along with her 2-year-old goddaughter who survived because she landed on Bryant’s body.
3. Major General Horatio Gordon Robley with his collection of Mokomokai, the preserved heads of the dead that the Maori tribe of New Zealand exchanged for firearms with European sailors.
4. Hisashi Ouchi received a fatal radiation dose with a mortality rate considered to be 100%. He wanted to die but was kept in severe pain for 83 days against his will.
5. A Congolese man stares at the severed hand and foot of his five-year-old daughter because he didn’t meet his daily rubber quota. She and her mother were murdered, and then cannibalized.
6. After the end of World War II in September 1945, a Japanese child carries his younger brother on his back while waiting for his sibling’s turn at a funeral pyre and trying hard not to cry.
7. After a Japanese air strike on Shanghai South Railway Station in 1937, a burnt and injured baby cry among the debris. The photograph named “Bloody Saturday” was taken on August 28, 1937, when the Japanese dropped bombs on Shanghai South Railway Station.
8. An unknown child’s burial after Bhopal gas tragedy, an explosion at the Union Carbide that released toxic gas and instantly killed over 2000 people in December 1984.
9. A man and a woman with cannibalized humans during one of the Russian famines in 1921 that killed as many as 5 million.
10. The Beast of Jersey mask was used by Edward John Louis Paisnel, a famous sex offender who terrorized the Channel Island of Jersey for eleven years between 1960 and 1971. He murdered children by breaking into houses at night while wearing a rubber mask and nail-studded bracelets.