How do you respond to an Instagram message?
HOW TO USE AN IPHONE TO REPLY TO A SPECIFIC MESSAGE:
All main messaging apps allow users to respond directly to a single sender’s messages.
This is useful since it allows you to respond to an older message rather than the most recent one sent.
In group conversations, this function can be incredibly valuable. Instagram was a little late to the game with this feature.
• Select a private or group discussion from your messages by tapping the “Messenger” icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
• Once you’ve found the message you’re looking for, swipe right on it, tap the “reply” symbol, and type your response.
You can also type your response at the bottom of the screen while keeping the screen pressed upon the sender’s message.
•Above the text input field, the sender’s message will now appear. Type your response and submit it.
STEPS TO REPLY TO A SPECIFIC MESSAGE ON ANDROID:
• Open your Instagram feed by tapping the “Messenger” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
• Look for the chat with the specific message.
When you send your reply, it will be linked to the message you answered to.
STEPS FOR USING A COMPUTER TO REPLY TO A SPECIFIC MESSAGE:
• From the stream, select the ‘Messenger‘ icon at the top of the screen
• Open the discussion and locate the message to which you wish to respond
• Next to the message, click the ‘horizontal dots‘ button
• Choose ‘Reply‘ from the list of alternatives
• Send your response by typing it in. Your message will be linked to the message to which you replied.