Tips to Burp
Burping is one of the easiest and quickest ways to relieve bloating, particularly when it’s focused in the stomach.
Here are some helpful hints about burping:
1. Build up gas pressure in your stomach by drinking
• Quickly consume a carbonated beverage such as sparkling water or soda.
Drinking it quickly using a straw can boost the pressure even more.
• If you don’t want to drink a carbonated beverage, you can get the same effect by drinking water from the opposite side of the glass:
bend over as if you’re drinking from a water fountain, place your lips on the side of the glass opposite you, and tilt the glass so the water slowly pours into your mouth.
• Another way to drink water is to sip a whole glass while holding your breath and pinching your nose to keep any surplus air from escaping.
2. Build up gas pressure in your stomach by eating
If you eat a gas-producing food, your stomach’s gas pressure will rise even higher. The following foods may induce you to burp right away:
• whole-grain bread
• chewing gum
• hard candies
3. Move air out of your body by moving your body
• Exercising: walking, jogging, or gentle aerobics are all good ways to get gas out of your system.
• Lie down on your stomach, then curl your knees in toward your chest, stretching your arms as far as they will go, and arching your back.
Rep with your head level with your throat this time.
• Lie down and get up rapidly, repeating as needed.
• When you sense a burp coming on, tighten your abdominal muscles to let as much air out as possible.
4. Change the way you breathe
• Sit straight up and breathe to improve the possibilities of a burp.
• Sucking in air via your mouth until you feel an air bubble in your throat, then blocking the front of your mouth with your tongue so you may slowly release the air.
This should result in a burp.
• Exhale via your nose with your throat closed, which puts additional pressure on your stomach to force air up through your esophagus.
5. Take antacids if necessary.
• Antacids containing calcium carbonate cause you to burp because they produce extra gas. Antacids can be found at any pharmacy.